Hey blog world! School’s out for the summer http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvDPYOe-7nI (this is the school’s out jam! It’s called School’s Out by Alice Cooper)! And I am officially done grade 10 and will be in grade 11 in September! Whoo hoooo!
And I have quite the variety of plans for this summer!
* I will MAYBE be going somewhere for vacation this summer. I’m not sure where though. Toronto last year was fun! See the blog post from last year here: https://ejmsmiles.wordpress.com/2013/08/20/toronto-trip/!
* Me and my family will be going up to our cabin a few times during the summer…
* I may apply for a job in August (the place I want to work you have to be 16 and I’ll be turning 16 then).
* I’m hoping to learn to drive when I’m old enough (and get my permit).
* I will be going to a running club for girls 12-15 (I won’t be 16 until August…tee hee). This will be my third summer attending! Next summer I’ll be 16 (turning 17) so I will volunteer.
* The first two weeks of August I will be camp counseling like I did last year! And yes, the same place (at our town’s nature center)! Last year’s experience was fun! Told you I’d be applying again this year! Anyways the first week I will be with the discovery camp (ages 5-8), and as for the second week, the adventure camp (ages 8-11). I was at one of the training sessions yesterday and apparently (I did one week at the adventure camp last year) I found out that there will be three of the same kids that were in my group last year!
* August 22nd – August 24th (which is a weekend) I will be attending a Girl Guide’s district camp! Can’t wait to experience what will be happening while we are camping (there will be I don’t know about Sparks but Brownies, Guides, I don’t know about Pathfinders either, and us Rangers! From the permission slip and guide, there expecting 60 of us! Holy moly! After that camp there will be another few nights at one of our leader’s Beth’s cabin but I’m not able to go because I will be being going to something else which I’m about to mention in the next bullet (which I am excited to go to as well!). But I will be going to the first camp for sure!
* After the weekend of camp, I will be attending a G.A.L. program run by our city. It’s like a leadership program, except it’s all girls. It sounds like a fun and I can’t wait to go to that!
And after all that…getting ready for back to school 😛
Hope everyone has a wonderful and jolly summer!